Rating: 4 paws out of 5
Spent:. $7 per person
Date Friendly: Yes.
Note: Cash Only
10826 Ascan Ave
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Oh Forest Hills, so close to the city, this area needs to have a good offering of food to competite again the island of Manhattan, once walking around the neighborhood, this ferrets nose picked up a wonderful scent among a small crowd of pizza. If people were waiting out in the bitter cold pizza, it gotta be good. Let’s see.
Interior near the open kitchen.
Interior near the window entrance.
The interior is a nice area, it is well decorated with photos of the past. The high ceilings and bright lights gives a feeling of not being cramped.
Menu is very simple, there is also not much to pick from nor confuse you.
Caesar Salad was the first item ordered. It was well dress, fresh greens and very tasty. The dressing was not too salty and had a pleasant flavor. There is a also a very generous amount of cheese sprinkled on top.
The main event item, pizza with mushroom and basil. Crust was excellent, crispy and chewy all in the right places. The crust was not too burnt as some other places may have it.
The sauce was tangy, not overly sweet or sour. The basil and mushroom was fresh and abundant. Thank goodness for that.
Meatball pie was also very good. The all beef meatball was made of a high quality meat, and was of the right size for the slices.
Tiramisu was ok here. Tasty wise there not much wrong with this desert. I just found the lady fingers too soaked and too thin of a layer. The cheese and powdering is good.
Tip here, like all brick oven places, keep the toppings to just 1 or 2. If this advice is not followed, a wet mess of a pizza will follow.
- Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest party day of the year (pennlive.com)
- Grande Pizza Boca Raton Detroit Style Slice (worstpizza.com)
- Flipping out: Time Out ranks 20 Beijing pizzas (beijingboyce.com)
- Best Denver Restaurants To Celebrate Pizza Week (PHOTOS) (huffingtonpost.com)
- Sharing the Love: Tomorrow is Vegan Pizza Day (sierraclub.typepad.com)
- Maco’s Pizza & Pasta Dadeland Station South Miami (worstpizza.com)
- Reality Bites: Pizzeria Makeover Show in the Works? Reality Pizza (worstpizza.com)
- Angelo’s Pizza (friendseat.com)
- “Add Tabasco Original Red to your Superbowl Party” and related posts (bookroomreviews.com)
- Speranza Pizza Boca Raton – Brazilian Pizza (worstpizza.com)
- Fratelli Pizza Rustica Restaurant, Wallingford CT (wallingfordwired.com)
- Dining Briefs | Recently Opened: Donatella (nytimes.com)
- 5 Best Pizzas In NYC (mademan.com)