Rating: 4 paws out of 5
Spent: ~ $3 per bag
Location of Acquisition: Wal-mart Toronto, Canada
The hungry ferret decided to start breaking out of the country and go on a big game hunt outside of the country. This ferret came across a very familiar warehouse of goods. Many call this place Wal-Mart in Canada, and I believe many in the states comes to call this place home. Once in this mecca of goods, the adventure was surround by strange new sounds and smells. But in the corner, there was something very familiar, the potato chip.
New flavor chips are very exciting, but what is more exciting, new flavors in a different land. Familiar with the Lay’s brand I was very familiar how the chip would be. A typical Lay’s chip as we know is thin, crispy and has a nice mild potato taste. The flavor of this sweet chili chip has a savory sweetness with a hint of hot spice. The spice that came with this chip is very consistent. It does not build up over time, so that allows you to keep on snacking. On a scale of 1 to 5 as 5 being extremely hot, I would put this chip at 2. If you find this chip, pick up a bag and give it a try. I highly recommend it.
- Weird Yet Real Potato Chip Flavors You Never Knew Existed (techeblog.com)
- imabonehead: General Tso’s Potato Chips, a Taste Test | Appetite for China (appetiteforchina.com)
- Cool Products from China #1: Cucumber Flavor Potato Chips (invisiblegaijin.com)
- Top Ten Weird Potato Chip Flavors (friendseat.com)
- Nalley’s closing its chili plant in Tacoma (seattletimes.nwsource.com)
- Where can I buy Miss Vickie’s potato chips in the Charlotte, NC area? (ask.metafilter.com)
- Cool Products from China #2: Hot & Sour Fish Soup Flavor Potato Chips (invisiblegaijin.com)
- Nalley’s closing its chili plant in Tacoma (sfgate.com)
- Mouth-On With Gamer Grub Smores And BBQ [E3] (kotaku.com)
- La Union De Jaloxtoc Group : Mexico (kiva.org)