Rating: 2 paws out of 5
Spent: $5 per person
Date Friendly: After Date desert
Note: They price by weight, so becareful not to make a $100 frozen yogurt cup.
153 2nd Ave (Between Ninth and Tenth Street)
New York, NY 10003
Hunting for deserts, is one of this hungry ferrets top priorities while roaming the concrete jungle of New York City. Alas another frozen yogurt place, does this 16 handle place stand up to the multi-color fruits that dominate this market. We will see if these 16 handles can make some funky fruit punch out of the competition.
The main catch of this joint is that they have 16 different flavors on tap. On top of this they also have more than 40 toppings available. With these options you can be as creative as you want to be especially since you control the proportions of everything. This is definitely a plus compared to the dictatorship of the other lands.
First flavor I tried was pomegranate, it was not too sweet and sour like a pomegranate. The flavor of this was not fake tasting which is a big plus. The part I did not like about this flavor was that the ice crystals were not too pleasing. It was not smooth and creamy, more of an extremely fine snow cone. Similar to ice cream with a low fat content and possible refrozen after it had melted.
Next was original tart, ick this was too tart in my opinion. I wasn’t very crazy about it. Again the texture of it did not remind me of anything dairy. No smoothness, richness or creaminess that I expect from a tart frozen yogurt.
The fruit toppings were fresh and plentiful of selections that you can pick from. I guess there is no such thing as a perfect frozen yogurt place. Just like Canada, I was disappointed again.
- Yogurtland Rings in the Holiday Season with “Twelve Days of Yuletide Yumminess” (eon.businesswire.com)
- 105 Stores, But Who’s Counting? Yogurtland Celebrates Grand Opening of USC Location (eon.businesswire.com)
- Menchie’s frozen yogurt, one week and counting (queenanneview.com)
- Free frozen yogurt at Pinkberry this Friday (timeoutny.com)
- The big chill (thestar.com)
- Frozen Yogurt Dreams (iheartberlin.de)
- Cuisinart Flavor Duo Frozen Yogurt-Ice Cream & Sorbet Maker (woot.com)
- 5 Healthy Midnight Snacks That Will Cure Those Night Cravings (urbanbellemag.com)
- Frozen Custard Nutrition Facts: Is Frozen Custard the Healthiest Choice? (brighthub.com)